Today I learnt a few things...
No matter what age you are, your Mother can still guilt you into doing things. Especially when she uses the excuse of, I want to show my beautiful Grandson off.
My Mother never had eyes in the back of her head. The only reason she knew everything I was up to was for the fact that she herself had been just. like. me.
The 40 something multi-millionaire surgeon wonders what the "cool" kids turned out like when they grew up & has a smile from ear to ear when he hears they turned out bald & fat.
That no matter how much time has passed, words stick. People will still be affected by school yard taunts, many, many years on.
The school yard "bogan" stoner actually remembers everything... everything & will give you a detailed run through of your Primary & High School years while you sit & wonder how the heck can someone's fried brain take all that in. He is also the most down to earth, friendly person who thankfully time has been nice on him & has age well.
It's never too late to apologise.
Grown men will revert back to their 12 year old shy self when they finally have the confidence to come and tell a lady that she was the most beautiful girl in the whole primary school.
That no matter how good you may have been, that one person can change your entire reputation with a few words. It's worse when that one person is a teacher and has it in for you because of your nationality.
Beauty is a learned thing. You are not born with it at all. Some people are born pretty but the beauty grows within. Some, we are fortunate enough to see it in.
Okay so there are a few things I learnt today...
I also learnt that no matter how many times I have said I will never eat KFC, I always do again and I always get sick from it.
No matter how much you try and help someone, they will only change if they want to.
Parents have a bigger effect on how you turn out than you can imagine.
It only takes one person to break a vicious cycle.
Well actually some of these things I have actually known before today but have really thought about them with everything I have seen on my outings.
Have a great weekend.
So. Quite the day there, Plato. <3
ReplyDeleteI thought about you both all day today. I'm glad it's over with. I'm glad it went well.
Joel and I just watched Letter to Juliet, and I thought about you.