I was reading a friends blog tonight and she mentioned a job going at a popular chain of shopping centres for their suavest shopper. She doesn't think she'd be in the running. This would be her ideal job. She has a talent when it comes to shopping. I have never seen anything like it. This woman would be able to get a pair of Louboutins for a freaking dollar if you asked her to hunt them down. She has endless bookmarks of online sites where she finds her bargains and has many a time come to the rescue when searching for that got to have pressie for your child's birthday and everywhere has sold out. She can tell you where, when, what to buy in just about any store ever.
Her children are kitted out in beautiful clothes and a fraction of the cost. She'd buy ten items to my one. Now here's the problem.... She doesn't think she'd be cut out for the job because it's based on fashion and she feels fashion isn't her forte. Ha!
Her daughter is one of the most fashionable girls I have ever met. She is going to be the envy of every child that meets her. It is very rare you will see her in the same outfit twice. Her sons have their own taste but still look very fashionable. She buys for their taste and it works. They are three of the most fashionable kids I ever met... besides mine ;-) hehe!
She has no problem with fashion when dressing children. She has all the confidence in the world. Adult fashion is where she struggles with the confidence. She will ring me and describe an outfit or take a picture and send it to my phone a lot of the time before she buys it. She listens to everything I mention about fashion so when she is out in the big wide world of women's stores she can't go wrong.
I am no fashoinista. Gosh, I am far from it. I envy my little sister who can throw outfits together and look stunning. If I tried, I'd look hideous. Leopard prints and red heels, blouses and pencil skirts with big belts and all sorts but she works it. She's confident. She's glamorous. That's her style. I have my own. I wish my friend would feel confident enough to give it a go.
The basic things you have to remember... Dress for your shape. Non of these short skirts just below your tushy if you're over 12. Dress your age. If you're over 30 and not a catwalk model and think you can still pull of these shorty shorts and midriffs then you're doing it wrong.
Big boobs... show them off tastefully.... don't do higher round necks. It's just going to emphasise. Shorter in the body.. wear things to lengthen your torso. Wider through the waist line... bolder patterns or wide belts really do help. Big bottom.... where jeans or pants with big pockets. It helps minimise. To slim your thighs, darker colours or jeans with a lighter wash through the thigh area also helps.. they're great little illusions that work.
The main thing when dressing is that you feel comfortable. A woman who feels good in what she's wearing will look good. Unless it's a track suit and a baggy T-shirt and you're not at the gym... that doesn't work. You're much more confident when you feel good in what you're wearing. I am much more comfortable in a pair of jeans and a top. It's not that hard to throw something together like that. Chuck on a belt and a jacket or cardigan with some nice heels or flats and it works. Accessories are the key. A nice pair of earrings or a chain can make an outfit.
In saying all that.. don't listen to me. I'm a dag. My sister's would laugh if they read this. They roll their eyes when they hear me say, I was thinking about wearing jeans. I love them. Just be confident and you shouldn't fail. Look at what's in fashion and buy things to suit you. You don't have to wear the outfit straight out of the magazine. Most of us wouldn't suit it. If you do, hats off to you.
* My friend is in no way a dag. She dresses well :-) I really think she'd do well doing this job!





No comments:
Post a Comment