“What we think, we become.”

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another cup of...



I am not a coffee or tea drinker. People look at me like I'm kind of odd when I tell them. I would have maybe four cups of tea a year and sometimes an iced coffee.  I'd take a cup of tea over a coffee any day. I also drink my tea or coffee cold. I will make it and leave it for about 30mins before it's just right. You'd think it would be easier just to make an iced tea or coffee but they're not the same.

Tonight I felt like a cup of tea. I usually do when I am not feeling well. My mother always made me a cup of sweet tea when  my blood pressure had dropped and would make me sit and drink it with a biscuit or something. Anyway, so tonight I'm not feeling the best so I make what I would call, the perfect cup of tea.

It sat cooling in my big, big cup while I did some things and when I was ready, I sat down and got all comfy ready to enjoy my quarterly cuppa. On first sip it seemed really nice. Second sip, not so much. Maybe it had cooled too much. Not enough sugar?? Something wasn't right. I then took another sip before I worked out that the tea was horrid. The milk had gone off. Sadly I am sitting here with a sour milk taste that I can't get rid of. I am hoping I didn't drink enough to make me ill.

I think I will leave the tea and coffee drinking to the rest of you. I don't understand the enjoyment you get from drinking them but I do love the wonderful conversations with my girlfriends while sitting down for our cuppa catch ups... Me, I'll stick to my coke zero or water.

I have a dear friend Melissa who could quite possibly look like the picture below if she didn't get her coffee. She quite often jokes but I have my suspicions ;-), that it goes coffee then kids in the love ranking...



Now you may not want me making you a cuppa any time soon.. actually no one likes they way I make a hot cuppa either(I've no idea why ;-) ) so how about I boil the jug and you make it to your liking & we can sit and chat all the same. It's probably safer!

I hope you are all having a good, sour milk free evening.

1 comment: