“What we think, we become.”

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

For Catrina.

It's not about who you've known the longest, it's about who came and never left your side...



Since I am having trouble with posting comments today I thought it might be easier to say how I feel over here. I was trying to post a comment on my friends blog in response to a beautiful post about her daughter & I.

So now I have you here I might as well tell you a little bit about her...

Catrina, my beautiful dear friend. I have only known a very short time in this life. We are in our third year of friendship now. We met during the prep year when our children started. We didn't know this at the time but we have somehow been connected for most of our lives, always just missing each other. Turns out that we actually live five houses away & she has passed my house everyday for years. It just so happens that I went to primary & high school with her brother & now sister in-law . My younger sisters went to school with her sisters too. Small world.

Unfortunately we didn't get to meet sooner. My life would have been very different if I had. Trina is an amazing friend. Not a day goes by that she hasn't worried for me, taken the time to ask things & genuinely cared for me & my family. I am so very blessed to have a friend like her. There's something about her. When you look at her you just smile. She's loving, comforting, kind, funny & a million things more. You can't help but to love her and her family.

My son has actually asked, god forbid anything happens to me, if he could go live with Catrina... she has won his heart & it makes me so happy to know that she would do it. She'd take him on as her own. She already has in some ways. The comfort & love he feels from her, enough to want her as his stand-in Mummy is truly a blessing and I know she'd do a brilliant job.

So all the days we've spent apart were well worth the wait. We are so alike yet so very, very different & that is how we work. I don't have to say anything & she knows what I'm thinking & feeling. There's some pretty strong bond there. I am a strong believer in fate, everything happens for a reason... We were meant to meet someday, maybe not 20 years ago no... we probably wouldn't be friends now. We've often wondered why we came into each others lives, until now I haven't known but this morning I realised that for whatever reason it doesn't really matter. She walked in when the others walked out. I have a friend that most people will never get the chance to have, a bestfriend, a sister, a connection that can't break. They say you can't pick your family, well I have. She's a keeper, she's family to me. I love her.

2 comments:

  1. Sigh. YOu two are so beautiful. <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very much the same about you my beautiful friend xo

    ReplyDelete