Is loving the little things..... Loving the stupid games I am playing with my sister reminding me not to take life too seriously. Right now she is keeping me from crying.
This week has been a pretty stressful week with a friend in hospital dealing with what could be some serious things. His wife holds her own at home with all the kids and the stress of not knowing if he'll ever be back to how he was. I am praying he will be and I hope the doctors can find out what it is. We miss him. He's here but not.
Another friend dealing with her own health issues that seem to be worsening by the day and you wonder, will she ever catch a break. Then we get a call from our friend this morning to let us know her mother who has suffered stroke upon stroke for the last year and has been in and out of hospital ever since and last night she finally lost her battle and left this world right before her Grandaughter is due to give birth to her first child. I mean right before... She was due last week.
Another friend we bumped into today tells us she has less than a decade to live at best. She was given this time frame a few years ago now after battling breast cancer. She still has another 3 years before she can come off all the medication. She still has no hair. It won't grow back til the meds are done. She's happy. She's enjoying what is left of her life. She knows when her clock stops and she still carries on. She's an inspiration.
Yeah, so thank you Hayley for being you and making the little things seem so nice right now. Life is too short as we all know it and it's nice to step out if the grown up world with the grown up problems for five minutes.
Oh God, Pam. I'm so sorry. About your friend's mother. And of course, I'm terrified about Dave too.
ReplyDeleteMine is nothing in comparison to those - so let it go, beautiful.
I'm so glad Hayley is there for you. I wish I had sisters like you and yours.
Love you my friend.