I was reading a friends blog this morning and she mentioned how her blog was her place to get things out, to vent, to be happy, to share wonderful news, to whatever she damn well wants to do with it basically. I like this about blogs.
She has the place to share and get advice from her online friends and although people may judge the things she has written like every one of us may have been judge about something we've written in the past.. nobody actually knows who these people are that you're venting about so what does it really matter?
I am fortunate to have a very supportive, close knit family but there are still things that are sometimes easier put in writing. Some things you don't want to burden your family or friends with and so you just type. Some people are like my dear friend who can't go to her family and so she types. She has an amazing support network online and I love that. I am so grateful to those people who are always there for her when others have turned their backs.
I hate that the sneaky ones who haven't had the guts to speak to her and then cowardly come online and talk trash about her in her place. She has never mentioned names when asking for advice about certain situations and yet they come on and fight like the guilty cowards they are. I am saddened but I can't change things and neither can she.
This I think is why I think blogs are both good and bad. I feel better after I have gotten whatever it may be off my chest.. good or bad but I always feel better. There are other things I write and never publish but I still feel better after it's all down.
Why can't we do that without getting the crap taken out of us, why can't she? I think blogging is a cheap therapy. There have been times when things were doing my head in and then boom it's all gone, out in the open but the weight has lifted.
I don't write things for people to worry or anything like that, I don't do this for attention... I do it for me. So tell me..... why do you blog and does it help you?
Have a great day people xoxo
Hello sweetheart. I'm biased, since I suspect I'm the subject of this post. <3
ReplyDeleteIt's an outlet for me. I love the friends I've made through blogging. About half of them were friends already, formed on an online parenting group. They have been, at times, a lifeline when things were truly at their bleakest.
It's tricky though. It's been suggested I go private. But the other half of my followers (some of whom have also become good friends) found me randomly. This woudl not happen on a private blog.
And yes, it helps me. Immensely.