The game is to choose five objects that set my heart aflutter when I see them....
1. My pregnancy journal & baby book.
Technically two things here I know but these two books give me the most amazing feeling every time I look at them. I had the time of my life when I was pregnant with Jay. The excitement for his pending birth, the emotions were out of this world. The little being who was to change my world...who already had in so many ways. The other, his book, the one I will give him when he is older so he can read all about his early days, the milestones he reached so early & the joy he has brought to my life.

2. Candles.
I cannot describe the feeling I get when I walk into a candle shop but it's something close to euphoric. I do not go a day without lighting one. My house is always filled with the most amazing scented candles. At the end of a long day, sitting down in a room lit only by candles is one of my favourite things to do.

3. Shoes.
Ah shoes. My heart really does do odd things when thoughts of Louboutin's sliding onto my foot come into my head. I dream of these precious heels.

But it's not only these that get my heart going. Any pretty heel will do the trick. I love the feeling of wearing heels, the way your body feels, your posture seems that little bit straighter, your legs look sexy & feel sexy in a lovely pair. I would love a wardrobe just for heels.
Something like this will satisfy me.... nothing fancy you know.

4. My Bed.
I truly do love it. It's one of those older style wooden ones with the high headboard & end, wrought iron design through the wood. I have my bed piled with pillows & cushions & I can't do without my lovely soft throw rug for a really cool winters night. My bed is my escape, I get to leave all my worries behind which makes it that much more special to me.
5. Books.
Books, books, books. I can't live without them. I'm am always reading. My mother used to read many books to my sisters & I, trying to settle us down for the night. We could sit there for hours listening to her read & that dedication & love for reading has been passed on. My little boy now has the same passion for books as I & has a room overflowing with them as I did as a little girl.

Okay so there you have it. Some of my favourite things, that I'd truly be lost without.
Loved this. :-) Would love to see the baby journal one day.
ReplyDeleteYour bed is not at all what I would have pictured you in. See...learning new things already.
Hmm... I'm intrigued... what did you picture me in then? I would love to share the book with you one day!!
ReplyDelete