“What we think, we become.”

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Australia Day!


Since we are celebrating Australia Day ( my favourite day of the year) I thought I'd share some of my favourite things about Australia. We are pretty lucky to have such a beautiful country.

 My number one would have to be without a doubt..... Our beaches! They are beautiful and I have spent many days lazing on them. The beach is my favourite place in the world. 


Number two would have to be the fact that 99.9 percent (clearly not a fact as I personally haven't done surveys & can't stuffed looking it up to see if it has been done) of Australians would not know their own Anthem.... I am one of them. I know the first bit but seriously... do we need any more of it anyway?!  
My Favourite version of our Anthem is this.....








Number three would be the animals. I adore Koala's and I have a soft spot for the Wombat!

I mean seriously, how cute are these little guys!? 

But anyway... this list is endless with things I love here. Here's what I did today.... 
Beach Time! 
Cricket Time! 
BBQ Time! 



Family Time!

And sadly.....

Sunburnt. AGAIN! You'd think after 27 years in the Australian sun my skin would be able to tolerate it a little.. nope. This is with 3 applications of sunscreen too. 

Okay so I hope you all had a great day celebrating Australia and hopefully listening to the one and only... Triple J's Hottest 100. It's not Australia Day without it! 

Goodnight all xoxox
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... Oi, Oi, Oi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment