“What we think, we become.”

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Taken too soon.

I have been wanting to get back here for so long. I have so many great things to pass on. Sadly, today isn't going to be a wonderful, upbeat post of all the exciting things that have happened while I've been MIA.

Today I am brought here to grieve. To grieve for a little soul I never met. To grieve for her parents who now have the tragic ordeal of burying her. She wasn't even given a chance as she fought for those first breaths while her parents held her, praying for some kind of a miracle that would never eventuate. To have already lost her twin only a few months back, sent to heaven with the nine other little souls you had to let go too soon. To have finally been able to settle a little and begin to enjoy this pregnancy and think that finally, it's going to be okay. To be sick, hormonal, cuddling your growing tummy so lovingly and appreciating that precious bundle inside of you more so than most mothers to be.

To have that all ripped away so soon. To know there was nothing you could have done as your waters broke and the realisation set in. She is too tiny to make it. No Doctor can do a damn thing. As you rush to the hospital in panic, knowing what was to come, your world being ripped out from under you. How do you recover from that? Loss after loss after loss. This time was different. You'd made it past the "safe" point. When do you decide no more. You are stronger than I. I am thinking of your precious little girl tonight and praying you can get through this. I am so very sorry for your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment